The Engine, Pump and Body
- 1,052cc VX Engine: With a combination of the ultra-smooth power development, low noise, low fuel consumption and low emissions, the VX Engine is everything today's customers and society ask for in a PWC engine. Open up the throttle on this 1,052cc, 4 stroke, 4 cylinder, DOHC engine and enjoy the feeling of real response and power at your fingertips.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricating oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- The VX pump design: is one of the most efficient pump configuration ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
- Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you can not turn around easily.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Multi Chine VX Hul: The proudest feature of the VX is its Semi V-Hull. It gives that VX its sharp, responsive handling and its neutral turning performance. It has stability and comfort you wouldn't expect from a body this compact for a 3-seater.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two and three-up riding experience.
- Open Loop Cooling: All Yamaha WaveRunner utilize open loop cooling, which is used by nearly all marine manufactures. It's the most effective, reliable and maintenance-free way to cool your engine.
- Extended Rear Platform
- Reboarding Step
- Multi-function Meter: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
- Security Mode / Low RPM Mode: With the click of a remote transmitter, you can easily reduce top speed and RPMs. The push of another button gives you the ability to disable the ignition, preventing an accidental start-up or an unauthorized joyride.
- Reboarding Step: makes remounting the craft more graceful and easier for water sports.
- Dual Convex Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- 57.0 liters of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glove box.
- Extended Rear Platform: The most defining aspect of the exterior look of the WaveRunner VX series is surely its Extended Rear Platform. It provides the space you want for a rest in your marine sports fun, a place to put on or take off your snorkeling or wakeboarding equipment. It is exactly the space you wanted to make the most of the limited room on a PWC.
- Glove Box with Dual Beverage Holder: The large-capacity Glove Box is fitted with a Beverage Holder attachment. It will hold a drink for the rider as well as the passenger for a little added cruising preparedness.
- Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft's conspicuity.
- 2 color Sport Seat: A spacious, precision-stitched three-person saddle keeps everyone on board more comfortable.