WaveRunner Papa Neil Kobayashi's Design Room
Message from Neil Kobayashi
The plans I will be introducing in this series of articles are a summary from my viewpoint as a boat designer of themes that have been incubating over the years as I have visited marine markets around the world and chatted with customers about their thoughts on the marine industry.
These plans are not intended to be finished products with immediate marketability, nor do they directly represent the customersf feelings.
However, though marine recreation around the world looks to be in an age that has run out of ideas, I believe that we must take on the challenge to pursue new dreams and break existing molds. Hidden within the marine world that our forebears built, there still rests great opportunity to touch the hearts of many individuals.
Keeping that firmly in mind, I have written my pet projects to now in a more coherent form, in effect letting us all think of the possibilities together, in the hope that it will bring growth to the world marine market.
- July 6, 1947
- Born in Tokyo Japan.
- Joined Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd.
- Design Manager of Water Vehicle (W/V), Design department, Boat Division.
- General Manager, W/V & Jet Boat New Project department, Boat Division.
- Vice President, YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION U.S.A(In charge of Marine Engineering)
- Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. In charge of advanced technology for the marine general.
- 2011 / Up to now
- Establish KOBA-Concept / Representative
- Japan Boating Industry Association/Technical committee
- Japan Marine Standards Association / Technical committee And so forth.
- Japan Boating Industry Association/Testimonial from the chairman
- Chubu District Transport Bureau/Marine Affairs Contributor Award And so forth
- Number of Patent Registrations in Japan, US and Europe 170